Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Eat. @ SOTO

517 Malvern Road, Toorak 3142 ph : (03) 9826 8815


We accidentally stumbled upon SOTO on a lovely Sunday afternoon.  My friend and I were looking for a spot for coffee while our little ones were at a birthday party, and came across SOTO (another cute name - SOuth of TOorak, I've been told!) in this quiet strip of shops on Malvern Rd.  The interior is modern and stylish yet very comfortable, and the staff were pretty friendly.


Having only had a small brekkie and running around with the kids to different activities, I had missed lunch and it's now mid-afternoon.  I opted for the Korean BBQ Skewers with Chilli and Mayo Dip.  Very tasty and hit the spot!


My mocha was surprisingly very good.  Again I forget how spoilt we are in Melbourne with most cafes serving good quality coffees nowadays.


My friend had a cappuccino and the Roasted Field Mushrooms with Warm Avocado Salsa, which she also praised.



SOTO is open for lunch and dinner Tuesday to Sunday.  Their menus look very interesting.  We would have loved to have some dessert too but it's off again to do pick-ups, so I will leave you with their dessert menu.


Eat.Play.Shop. Recommends : great little place for a catch up, pretty decent coffees too!
Give it a Miss : Didn't find anything we didn't like on this visit.


SOTO on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it was a great find indeed. The mushrooms were so tasty.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete