Thursday, July 21, 2011

Eat. @ Richmond Hill Cafe and Larder

50 Bridge Rd, Richmond 3121 ph : (03) 9421 2808



A little trip to the Bridge Road Outlet Stores gave me the opportunity to have brunch with Bubs in Pram in this popular cafe and providore that have been here for what feels like forever.  (In fact it was opened by Stephanie Alexander and Co. nearly 15 years ago!)  The whole dining area was buzzing with families, business lunchers, nurses from the Epworth Hospital across the road and shoppers grabbing a coffee while shop-hopping. 


They are certainly very kid-friendly.  I was seated quickly, offered a high-chair (which I declined as Bubs was asleep) and the staff gave me help to slot the pram in between the tables.  Service was slick and friendly the day we were there. 


Good quality mocha to start.


I ordered the Corn and Coriander Fritters with Smoked Salmon, Poached Egg, Spinach and RHCL Tomato and Capsicum Relish.  It was nicely presented and tasted delicious.  My favourite part was probably the whole corn kernals in the fritter, which were fresh and crunchy.  Absolutely hits the spot for an 11am brunch!


Bubs woke up and I had forgotten to pack some bread for him to munch on, and the waitress kindly offered me a few slices of their bread.  Unexpected kindness always makes me smile.


As well as a cheese room for those who are connoiseurs, RHCL also has a range of gourmet goods including relishes and sauces on offer to take home.


Eat.Play.Shop. Recommends : I know I've only tried the Corn Fritters but they were very good.  When I go back I'm torn between having this again or trying something else! 
Give it a Miss : peak hour at lunch can be hectic!

Richmond Hill Café and Larder on Urbanspoon

Toilets - yes
Highchair - yes

No comments:

Post a Comment