Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Eat. @ Little Cupcakes

7 Degraves St, Melbourne CBD 3000 ph : (03) 9077 0413


There are 3 Little Cupcakes store in the CBD now.  The one I visited on this occasion is on Degraves St, during my mini Melbourne Laneway Crawl.  Saturday afternoon, Degraves St was buzzing with Melburnians and tourists alike, enjoying a little spot of sunshine.  Yes, I'm sure I too looked like a tourist as I took this picture of the cute Little Cupcakes Store.


There is a large table inside and one outside, where you can enjoy a cup of coffee with the cupcakes, but most people, like myself, came and bought the cupcakes to take-away.  There are lots of flavours to chose from in 2 sizes : standard ($4) and mini ($2.20).


I took away a box full of goodies to go.  I wanted to try so many flavours, and in a vain attempt to lessen the calories, I chose 9 minis to go.  The flavours were brown mocha,  Jaffa, salted caramel, Belgian chocolate, cookies and cream, cherry choc, carrot, mint and lemon.  All the cupcakes were freshly baked on the day, with a great moist and fluffy cake texture and very flavoursome icing.  My favourite was probably the jaffa.  The mint one was surprisingly pleasant with a clean, minty taste.  The kids loved all the ones they tried, in particular the cookies and cream and cherry choc.


You can also order the cupcakes online via their rather cute website.


Eat.Play.Shop.Says - a cute little shop serving up good, fresh cupcakes.  Undoubtedly a hit for any cupcake lover, big or little.

Little Cupcakes on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment