Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Eat. @ Axil Coffee Roasters

322 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn 3122  ph (03) 9819 0091


A lovely Spring day in glorious Melbourne.  I packed Macaron Monster and Bubs into the car and drove down to Axil Coffee Roasters for a coffee hit and a relaxing brunch.  I've wanted to come here for a while now, since my friend D invited us to share breakfast there with her lovely little family, but unfortunately we couldn't make it.  Next time definitely!

Despite the photography, the seating area is lovely with the sunlight.

The fit out is grungy-warehouse-cool.  There's one step up to the seating area which was easily negotiable by my stroller.  I grabbed the Ikea high chair I spotted in the corner for Bubs (hopefully they have more stashed somewhere for the busier weekends!)  Mostly ladies-who-brunch and business-over-coffee types this morning, but a lovely couple with 5 month old twins sat down near us and we had a chat about eating out with kids.  I had a lovely view of these cute funky pot plants and the baristas behind them as they worked their coffee magic!


And it was great coffee!  Lovely smooth mocha just the way I like it.  Very tempted to have another one.

MM enjoyed the mini hot chocolate too.
Mummy couldn't wait for the photo before diving into her mocha!

I enjoyed the Smashed Avocado and Meredith Feta on Sourdough Toast ($13) with added poached egg ($2), with a side of Free Range Bacon ($4.5).  I like that it had a really decent serve of avocado and feta.  The poached egg was well done with a lovely runny centre and the bacon was delicious.  I'd definitely have this again! 


There is a good selection of breakfast items, from museli and pancakes to eggs benedict bagels and eggs on toast plus sides.  For lunch the menu offers salads, pasta, sandwiches and even some belly pork.  I will have to bring the whole gang next time so we can order more to share!  If that's not enough there's coffee paraphernalia galore to take home for a spot of post-meal shopping.


Eat.Play.Shop. Says - Another great coffee destination in the Hawthorn area with great coffee and yummy food.  Plenty of space for families gives Axil advantage over the nearby Liar Liar and Porgie + Mr Jones for parents dining with little ones!

Axil Coffee Roasters on Urbanspoon

Toilets - Yes
Highchairs - Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment