Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Shop. @ The Little Bookroom

5 Degreaves St, Melbourne CBD 3000 ph : (03) 9654 4104


I love the convenience of owning e-book versions of a lot of my novels now, so that I have them with me all the time (hello hoarder!) and can enjoy a quick spot of reading wherever I am (although a little difficult usually, having 3 kids to look after!)  Having said that, I don't think the charm of the printed word will ever fail to entice me, and anyone who know me will know I have no shortage of bookshelves filled with books.  The experience of showing my kids beautifully illustrated children's books and the joy of browsing through bespoke bookstores cannot be replaced by online shops, and the The Little Bookroom is a wonderful example of a book shop that I hope will always be around for us to enjoy.




Entering the shop brings you into a world of beautiful bookshelves filled with wonderful children's books, so different from the tourist filled section of Degraves's St.  (Bookshop on Diagon Alley, anyone?)  Some of the books and characters are quite difficult to find elsewhere, including Moomin (a character whose books I've not seen within Australia), and my favourite Tintin (I already have all the books) but also related products and toys!!!

The Degraves St Store is the second The Little Bookroom.  The original is now in Nicholson St and has a long and interesting history which you can read about on their website here.


Eat.Play.Shop. Says - well worth a visit!  And please don't buy out the Snowy soft toy or the I Heart Tintin mug before I go back.  I didn't get to buy one last visit because my hands were full (of cupcakes from The Little Cupcake Shop, which I'll blog about next!)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great blog post!!
    I work at The Little Bookroom and I just wanted to pass on some more information, we have an on-line store; check out our blog all about it:

    http://www.littlebookroom.com.au/?p=449

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great news, thank you so much for letting me know! I will still be dropping by when I'm in the area as I love visiting!!

      Delete