Saturday, June 16, 2012

Eat. @ Replete Providore

302 Barkers Rd, Hawthorn 3122 ph (03) 9818 4448


I have read much about Replete Providore in Hawthorn but have not been game enough to stop the car and go in as the store always looks packed full of diners each time I've driven past.  Hubby and I finally got to visit one rainy Saturday morning on one of our "+1" dates with Bubs as we drove past and spotted a car park right outside the front of the store!   I'm so glad we got to try this place out as we had a fabulous brunch and coffee experience.



The cafe is not big but the staff was super friendly and helpful.  We sat up in front of the window with Bubs in a high chair.  There are several pavement tables outside but it was a wet morning so the cafe was packed full of brunchers inside away from the cold.




We started with coffee, and it was a lovely cappuccino for Hubby.




And of course a mocha for me.  Both were fantastic, and got us right into the mood for brunch.



Being a corn fritter freak, I of course ordered the Corn Fritters, served with Istra Bacon, tomato and avocado salsa, and sweet chilli ($18).  I thought they were fantastic!  The fritters were slightly  crispy but soft inside, with sweet juicy whole corn kernels throughout.  And everything is always made even better with BACON!  The dish was massive, and although I thought it was a bit pricey initially at $18, it turned out to be great value for money since I didn't eat another thing until dinner that day!



Hubby ordered their Eggs Benedict, which had grilled ham hock, mustard, poached egg and hollandaise served on an English muffin ($14.5).  An interesting but pleasant twist on the usual ham for an Eggs Benedict, but again delicious and filling. 



Replete has a kids menu which includes a kids brekkie of bacon, eggs and hash brown ($8), and a kids healthy plate with vegemite soldiers, fruit and yoghurt ($7.5).   Having eaten a good brekkie of weetbix with milk already, we ordered the kids pancakes, served with strawberries and maple syrup ($6) for Bubs as a treat.  Okay I admit I not so secretly hoped that there would be enough for me too, as the couple next to us had ordered a full size serve and it looked awesome!  The pancakes were fluffy and yummy, and Bubs enjoyed it immensely, especially the part that involved dipping pancake chunks into a bowl of sweet and sticky maple syrup!



We had a delicious and filling brunch at Replete and I definitely hope we get to visit again.  A good selection of produce, like tea and relish, are available for purchase, and there are lots of sweet muffins and cakes on the counter if the main events at breakfast/brunch/lunch have not filled you up!


Replete Providore on Urbanspoon


High chair - yes
Toilets - yes

8 comments:

  1. Love Replete! (: One of my fav brunch places to go to with the mr! So glad you ordered the corn fritters! I would not order anything else on the menu cause I am absolutely addicted! They have one of the best fritters in Melbourne in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replete rocks! I love their ricotta hotcakes with lemon curd. I still travel there despite living in the west now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fritters look great! Actually, everything looks great :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating, thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg those fritters! I've heard so many people talk about the corn fritters I HAVE to go soon :) my mouth is totally watering for them and OMG OMG OMG the pancakessssss NOM NOM NOM :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a great place to have brunch. I love corn fritters too. What a generous serving! And the eggs benedict looks incredible too. If only Hawthorn was just around the corner! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to try their corn fritters. Those little pancakes are so cute too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow... This place is AWESOME! Reminds me of Bills in Surry Hills in Sydney. This definitely tops my list of brunch places to try just cause of that. Yay! =D

    ReplyDelete