Unit 2, Corner Fitzroy Street and Rose Street, Fitzroy 3065 ph (03) 9417 1034
I ordered the Industry Charcuterie ($21), which is of course the perfect type of brekkie for me, with a bit of this and a bit of that! The "bits" here are :
1) coffee and molasses cured duck bacon - my favourite bit, and duck bacon is a bit exotic even for Fitzroy!
2) tea marbled eggs and salt cured yolks - the whites are not bad but the salty kick from the yolks was a standout
3) citrus cured salmon - pleasant but citrusy enough for me!
4) goats cheese - nice but quite heavy and I couldn't finish it all.
5) fennel fronds - I didn't particularly love this part, especially the jelly bits on top
6) relish - which gave this dish the tart edge it needed to balance out some of the heavier tasting components, and last and not least,
7) brioche crisps - a good mix of sweet and crunchy, I could eat lots more of that!
All in all a good "tasting plate" of interesting breakfast-y bits and I quite enjoyed it.