Monday, October 6, 2014

Eat. @ Addict Food and Coffee

240 - 242 Johnston St, Fitzroy 3065 ph (03) 9415 6420


Next up on Friday Brunch Roulette Bubs and I visited Addict in Fitzroy.  We liked this place a lot and came back for a repeat visit the week after!



As per usual I started with my usual mocha ($4) which is made with Mork chocolate and addorned with lovely coffee art.



Bubs enjoyed a Kids Bacon and Eggs on Toast ($7.5) and an added potato hash ($5).   A decent serve of brekkie for my little boy.  Yes he's a little hipster and likes his eggs poached!



I tried the Coconut and Chia Seed superfood stack with mango, puree, peach, strawberry and puffed buck wheat ($14).  Wow this dish was a real winner both in taste and sight. (Instagram obviously agrees - it's my most "liked" picture this year.)  It was delicious, and whether it's superfood or not, I felt really healthy!



We came back the next week and tried the Beet and vodka cured ocean trout, with hash nuggets, poached eggs, dill and roe citrus dressing and petite salad. ($18).  The trout was delicious and the hash nuggets were very more-ish.  I really like the pickles in the salad that made it extra refreshing.   



I ordered an extra potato hash to share with Bubs since he's been demolishing our shared brunches lately!




Here's the money shot of the perfectly poached eggs.



We had a 20 minute wait for the coffee on our first visit, and there was a slight hiccup with the delayed arrival of my dish a further 20 minutes after Bubs' bacon and eggs, but our second visit ran very smoothly and the staff remained friendly and attentive throughout both visits.  



I definitely enjoyed our visits and will be bringing Hubby back for a brunch date in the near future.

Addict Food and Coffee on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment