Monday, May 16, 2011

Eat. @ Liar Liar

90 Kinkora Rd., Hawthorn VIC 3122 ph : (03) 9818 8864


As per my post last month, after visiting APTE and Three Bags Full, I had been looking forward to brunch at Liar Liar to finish off my tour of these 3 cafes famed for their coffee and good food.  I'm very glad to say that I was not disappointed.  Situated near the corner of Kinkora and Glenferrie Roads, Liar Liar brings the cafe culture to this little corner of Hawthorn with a dash of rough, modern cool.  It seems popular with the local mums and bubs as well, with its outdoors roadside seating.  The staff are pleasant and don't seem to be fazed by babes in prams nor toddlers covered with babycinos and cakes.


This was a quick pit stop for us as I had quite a few things to do in the area that day.  The Eggs Benedict, as at the other restaurant, was well done and of a great standard.  I still slightly preferred the more tangy hollandaise at APTE, but I must admit I'm suffering a bit of Eggs-Benedict-fatigue so that might have slight influence on my opinion.  The lady sitting next to me at the table had their smashed avocado and feta toast with poached egg which also looked awfully good and which I will definitely have to try next time.  They also have other dishes with cool and funky names like "Big Fat Liar" - essentially their big breakfast, and the "Pants on Fire".


My mocha again is a delightful drink, which I now expect!  I certainly was not disappointed!


My little one helped polish off the Eggs Benedict in a hurry and didn't feel like anything else.  They do have a selection of little cakes at the counter if you want a sweet treat.
Eat.Play.Shop. Recommends : coming here if you like APTE and Three Bags Full - similar fare at a different and possibly closer-to-home location depending on where you live!
Give it a miss : Parking can be a bit of problem.  I had to park on a side street on the other side of Glenferrie Rd on the day we went.

Liar, Liar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment