Sunday, October 28, 2012

Eat. @ Giddiup

269 Coventry St, South Melbourne 3205 ph (03) 9682 8820

Giddiup is a blink-and-you'll-miss-it coffee nook on Coventry Street, diagonally across the street from the Made In Japan Warehouse in South Melbourne.  I must have walked past it a thousand times without even realising it's there, as the shop doesn't "declare" itself at first glance.  The fit out is simple, with basic stools, tables, and even a few milk-crate-converts for seating.  Friendly and efficient service makes it a place you want to come back to.  Bubs and I stopped by for a mid-morning pit stop after some market shopping.

I  ordered a little BLT slider from the menu, which was simple, delicious food and hit the spot perfectly.  (It comes in 2, but the waitress let me order just 1 as I wanted to have sweets after.)  Coffee is good here, as expected in this neck of woods.  I enjoyed my mocha with a little cherry danish by Noisette.  Other pastries and cakes are available daily from the front counter.  Not a lot of room in the shop itself but patrons were accommodating and I had no issues with Bubs in a stroller.

Definitely a great spot to have a break when shopping in the area!

Giddiup on Urbanspoon


  1. One of my favourites in South Melbourne.

  2. OOh we popped in there cause we couldn't get into Chez Dre one day.. I was a little underwhelmed but fell in love with the whole design and layout!

  3. We went there too because Chez Dre was so busy too :) I actually rather liked their simple food ~ Their bircher muesli was delicious hehe lol once again i'm pretty sure Mr Bao had two sliders :P

  4. A slider, pastry and coffee... Now THAT'S what I call a balanced meal, in my books ;p Looks absolutely fantastic and Sth Melb is def way more accessible for me. LOVE IT. Really wanna come here and have that same combo like you did =)

  5. I totally agree- I swear I haven't seen this place despite going to Made in japan countless times. Thanks to you, I will now :)