Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Eat. @ MoVida Bakery

3 Tivoli Rd, South Yarra 3141 ph (03) 9041 4345


Fresh off my visit to MoVida, I headed down to South Yarra on a spectacular Melbourne autumn day with Bubs, and tried out the goodies at MoVida's Bakery outpost.  



It's a small place on a side street off the busier section of Toorak Road, but it's by no means quiet; and boy, do the baked goods pack a bang.



I started off with an excellent mocha with beautiful latte art. 



Then it's onto the gorgeous donuts I have read so much about.  Don't judge me, but I bypassed the savoury (there were sausage rolls and ham, cheese and tomato filled croissants), and my breakfast was made up entirely of sweet stuff.  Starting with a luscious donut with lemon curd filling. ($3.5), two of my favourite things rolled into one.  What's not to like I say!



Then it's onto the MoVida Portuguese tart ($4).  The tarts are bigger than the ones I'm used to and has quite a substantial yet smooth and creamy custard filling.  I was full by the end of it, definitely worth the $4 considering the much smaller ones you get for the same size elsewhere.



I wasn't about to leave empty handed!  A tray of donuts to go for the family, including a strawberry and rhubarb one.  All the donuts are delicious, but my favourite is still the lemon curd one, as I love the citrus tang offsetting the sweet sugar coated dough.



Having said that the salted caramel made quite an impression on the kids.  Look at the glorious oozy caramel!



And I couldn't go past the good old fashioned caramel slice ($4).  This one came with a surprise component - the salted popping candy sprinkled on top.  What a combo!  Absolutely loved it!



The shop itself isn't big, but plenty of families with prams came in and out the busy door grabbing baked goods and coffee to eat and drink out the front.  I can definitely see us doing a quick drop-by to buy takeaway donut treats in the future!


MoVida Bakery on Urbanspoon


Highchair - No

5 comments:

  1. Oh the Portuguese Tart looks delicious! I should get a box of those to take-away, but alas, I doubt they'd make it home :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. movida really is expanding, have yet to try thier brnach in sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I can see why you loved the dounuts! lemon curd filling?! aaaarggghh...yerm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lemon curd looks delicious. I need to grab some - just like I grab a lemon cheesecake if it's on offer at a cafe without fail :)

    ReplyDelete