Sunday, August 17, 2014

Eat. @ Stagger Lee's

276 Brunswick St, Fitzroy 3065 ph (03) 9419 5564


Bubs and I have been playing what I call "Brunch Roulette" on Fridays.  There are so many cafes in the Fitzroy/Collingwood area nowadays I practically just drive that way, find a parking spot, and we wander into the closest cafe for our weekly brunch.  On this happy Friday we parked in front of Shocolate and wandered into Stagger Lee's, which was a wonderful piece of luck as I had wanted to come here earlier in the year but it had just won awards and I was a bit shy of crowds.  


So happy happy us as I sat down and ordered a mocha, which of course brought me deja vu feelings of Stagger Lee's older sibling Proud Mary.


I ordered the Mama's Stack ($19) which on the menu was shaved corn beef, pressed potato, black cabbage, soft poached egg and horseradish cream.  My corn beef was cubed rather than shaved (not that it made any difference!) and it was mighty delicious.


I presume the pressed potatoes makes this a "stack"?  Regardless, Bubs wolfed down more than half of the dish in no time (except for the black cabbage, sigh, my eternal struggle with kids not eating their greens!)



Yet another nice cafe in Fitzroy.  I am so envious of you people that live in the area, so many places to eat awesome brunches and drink great coffees, totally spoilt for choice!

Stagger Lee's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment