Monday, October 19, 2015

Eat. @ Sir Charles

121 Johnstone Street, Fitzroy 3065 ph (03) 9415 7077


Hubby and I are big fans of Axil so it was a no brainer for me to try out Sir Charles when I found out this was their new venture.  We've been here quite a few times and it has become one of the "regular" places we go to for a great brunch when we're not venturing out to new places.



One of the reasons for this is that the space is quite big and they are quite accomodating for our family of five and due to the number of tables we've not had to wait for more than 20 minutes (my limit of waiting for food with young kids!)



We often have our first coffee whilst we're waiting and their mocha ($3.8) is great as you would expect from its pedigree.





The kids love their little carrot cake ($4) and we've ordered this as a "snack" as well as a dessert.



The menu is quite interesting and a strong Asian influence is evident.  I think one of their signature dishes would be the Sir Charles Benedict ($18) with panko crumbed eggs, Sriracha hollandaise and bacon on roti.  The eggs are lovely and the roti is a genius twist to the good old muffin.  The hollandaise gives a tasty kick but my kids find it a tad too spicy so I usually get all the sauce (mwahahaha).



They have changed their menu quite a few times since our first visit and I'm always surprised by their new dishes and not been disappointed.  Some of these have included the corn fritters ...



The most amazing lamb ribs....



A Korean fried chicken burger.......



And a Fish Curry Special of the day.....



I can't wait to see what's on the menu on our next visit!

Sir Charles Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment