Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Eat. @ Sardi

111 Church Street, Hawthorn ph (03) 9818 6140


Still missing my Japanese holiday and hanging out for some matcha goodness, I spotted a picture for a matcha latte on my instagram and beelined to Sardi for my green tea hit.



Their matcha latte certainly looked the part.  The taste was pleasant if only a little too weak for my tastes.  I still prefer the near perfect one down the road at Tana.  



I chose the Brekky Board ($17.5) which is always great for me as I can never decide. (Having brunch with Hubby and kids on the weekend is the best, partly because we can order quite a few things and shared!)  The Brekky Board here had granola parfait, croissant with passionfruit curd, pea and haloumi fritter, with poached egg and coffee.  They graciously changed the coffee and included my matcha latte in the deal instead.  All the different elements on the board were delicious and perfectly sized.



Bubs not so subtly hinted at the pretty little red velvet cupcakes in the display, so we shared one as a final little sweet.



The rest of the menu is filled with healthy sounding granola, acai, almond mylk and a superfood breakfastbowl (should totally be called a SUPERBOWL I reckon thank you very much!) with kale and asparagus amongst other greens, although they also have good old staples like bacon and eggs in a ciabatta and banana bread french toast.  It's not a large space and it was pretty packed on a weekday so I can imagine it would be a popular weekend hangout.


Click to add a blog post for Sardi on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment